Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
A pumpkin spiced cupcake with espresso buttercream frosting made with International Delight® French Vanilla Creamer
Servings: 14 cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 1 and 3/4 cups 220 grams all-purpose flour (careful not to overmeasure)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup 100 grams light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 227 grams pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup 120 ml vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup 80 ml International Delight® French Vanilla Creamer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray two 12-count muffin pans with non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together until combined. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk the brown sugar and eggs together until combined. Add the pumpkin, oil, International Delight® French Vanilla Creamer, and vanilla until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do NOT overmix the batter.
Spoon the batter evenly into 14 cups; Bake for 17-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
To Make The Frosting
In a stand mixer bowl, cream the butter. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Be sure to turn the mixer OFF before adding more sugar. Then mix until combined.
Add the creamer, vanilla, and espresso. Cream on medium-high for 8 minutes until light and fluffy. Use a pastry bag and piping tip to pipe the frosting on to the cupcakes.