Easy Vanilla Cupcakes
Easy Vanilla Cupcakes- no mixer required for these or special ingredients!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time22 mins
Total Time32 mins
Servings: 15 cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
Add the butter and sugar and whisk to combine. Mix in the eggs and egg white until incorporated. Stir in the milk and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mixing just until incorporated.
Divide the batter between the prepared paper liners, filling each about 2/3 of the way full.
Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pans 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Replace paper liners and bake remaining batter if desired. Frost cooled cupcakes as desired.
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly by scooping the flour into the measuring cup with a spoon and then level off with a knife.
- Make sure your large eggs are room temperature. Place your eggs in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes before using them in your recipe
- Do not overfill your cupcake liners when scooping the batter. You want your liners about 2/3 full. Overfilled cupcakes can result in the cupcakes sinking after you baking them. Read this post for 6 reasons why your cupcakes sink in the middle.
- Double check that your baking powder is still fresh. Because this recipe uses melted butter there is no creaming step to incorporate air, so you need to make sure the baking powder is fresh so your cupcakes rise properly. To check the freshness, add a teaspoon of baking powder to some hot water. If it bubbles, it's still fresh. If it doesn't throw it out.
- Use an oven thermometer to make sure that your oven is heated correctly so these bake properly. For more oven 101, read this post.
- The nutrition facts are for the cupcake only, no buttercream.
Calories: 166kcal | Carbohydrates: 23.5g | Protein: 2.7g | Fat: 7.2g | Saturated Fat: 4.3g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 98mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 13.9g