This classic tequila cocktail in dessert form that comes together in 30 minutes or less!
Servings: 12 bars
For the crust:
- 1 package of graham crackers 9 sheets
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- pinch salt
For the filling:
- 4 egg yolks
- 14- ounce can of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice about 5 limes
- 1 Tablespoon tequila
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with a cooking spray.
In a food processor, place your graham cracker sheets and pulse until finely ground. Add in your melted butter, sugar, and . Pulse to combine. Press the graham cracker crumb mixture into the 8x8 pan and press down into an even layer. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Whisk to combine. Pour over the graham cracker crust and bake for an additional 15 minutes until set.
Bars can be refrigerated for up to 2 days, the crust may soften slightly however.
- Fresh limes is key. You can add in the zest too if you want them to pack a real lime punch. I added a 1/2 cup lime juice- this sometimes is 4 limes. Sometimes 5. I always grab a couple extra than I think I need just in case I find some aren't as juicy as others.
- To juice the limes here are a few tricks for you: roll the limes on your counter a few times before cutting them to make squeezing the juice out of them. You could also microwave the limes for about 10 seconds to make juicing them easier too.
- When making the crust, use the bottom of your measuring cup to press the crust down evenly into your pan.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 335kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 11.3g | Saturated Fat: 5.4g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 173mg | Potassium: 63mg | Fiber: 0.8g | Sugar: 40g | Iron: 3.1mg