Whipped Ganache Frosting
Make this easy whipped ganache frosting with just 2 ingredients! Then use it to frost cupcakes or a cake filling.
Servings: 2 cups
- 8 ounces chocolate chips or chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) heavy cream
Chop the chocolate and place in a glass (or metal bowl) and set aside. If you are using chocolate chips, you can just measure and place in the bowl.
In a saucepan heat the cream gently over low heat until simmering. If you want to use a microwave, heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute in a microwave safe bowl. It can bubble over so be keep a close eye!
Once the cream is heated, then pour the cream over the chocolate and let the mixture sit for 3-5 minutes. Then whisk until smooth. Start slowly with the whisking and whisk in one direction. This can take a few minutes.
Then allow to cool for an hour in the fridge.
Then place the ganache in your mixer and whip until light and fluffy. Use right away or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Use quality chocolate. Because this frosting relies on only 2 ingredients. Quality is key. So make sure to use a quality chocolate because the flavor will shine through.
- Do not allow the cream to come to a boil. If it does, the cream will be too hot. If it's added to the chocolate it could cause the fat in chocolate to separate causing the ganache to break making a grainy ganache in the end.
- You can make this frosting up to 3 days ahead of time. Just simply store the ganache in an airtight container in your refrigerator. And if the ganache is too stiff to pipe, allow it to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before using.