These funfetti cupcakes are easy to make! No mixer required and takes minutes to throw together.
Servings: 15 cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cup (180 grams) unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 8 tbsp. (113 grams) unsalted butter melted slightly cooled
- 1 cup (225 grams) granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup (114 grams) whole milk room temperature
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- Cupcake pans
- Cupcake Liners
Preheat the oven to 350° F/180oC. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
In a second mixing bowl add the butter and sugar and whisk to combine. Mix in the eggs and egg white until incorporated. Stir in the milk and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mixing just until incorporated. Stir in sprinkles with a spatula.
Divide the batter between the prepared paper liners, filling each about 2/3 of the way full.
Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pans 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Replace paper liners and bake remaining batter if desired. Frost cooled cupcakes as desired.
- Tools: Cupcake pans - These are my favorite cupcake pans from Wilton | Cupcake Liners | Sprinkles
- Unsalted Butter Is Key. Make sure you use unsalted butter. Different brands will have different amounts of salt in their salted butter, so I recommend unsalted butter. That way you can control the amount of salt yourself.
- Measure Accurately. Be sure to measure your flour correctly. Too much flour = a dense cupcake. For best accuracy use a kitchen scale. Otherwise if you are using dry measuring cups then first fluff up your flour. Then spoon the flour into your cup and level off with a spatula or other flat edge like a knife. Whatever you do, don't pack the flour into the cup.
- Room Temperature Ingredients. It's always important that you use room temperature ingredients when baking so everything is incorporated easily. So for this recipe you want to make sure your eggs are room temperature. I place mine in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes before I bake.
- Don't Overfill. I have made this recipe countless times and it always makes 15 cupcakes. So make sure you get 15 out of it which means you don't want to overfill them. Overfilling could result in your cupcakes sinking in the middle
- Use The Right Kind Of Sprinkles. You want to use the longer sprinkle version or jimmies as they are called. Do not use non pareils or they will dissolve into your cupcakes.
- Frosting: I frosted these with cake batter frosting. Or you can keep it traditional and use my best buttercream frosting recipe or swiss meringue buttercream.
- Nutrition facts are for cupcakes only, no frosting.
Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 55mg | Potassium: 75mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 240IU | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 0.7mg