Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
These flourless peanut butter cookies have Nutella swirled into the dough!
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup sugar for dipping
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper
In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy about 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg to the butter mixture and stir to combine. Mix in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Stir in salt, baking soda and flour until well combined.
Stir until everything is well combined.
Add the Nutella, and stir gently. You want to incorporate it into the dough, but leave a definite swirl.
Scoop 1 inch balls of dough, and place on a cookie sheet. Dip each in the sugar, and gently press down on the balls of dough with a fork to create the cross marks.
Bake for 10 -12 minutes. Cool slightly on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly. Over-measuring your flour is going to result in a dry, crumbly cookie. Read my full post on how to measure your flour correctly here.
- Use room temperature butter. By softening your butter properly (and here are 3 ways you can do that in a hurry!) will allow the sugar to punch tiny holes into the butter incorporating air into the dough. Cold butter won’t allow this to happen. So room temperature, unsalted, and you’re good to go.
- Don’t forget to take those eggs out early too. You also need a room temperature egg as well. Remember you want your ingredients all playing along well together. So a cold egg and room temperature butter just don’t play nice on the playground together. You’ll end up with butter that starts to seize up in your bowl. My trick? Put your eggs in a bowl of warm water for 5 to 10 minutes and you’re good to go
- Add your Nutella last. You want a swirl of Nutella going throughout the dough. So I add last, and stir this in by hand.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 129mg | Potassium: 107mg | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.6mg