Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
This easy chocolate chip cookie recipe makes only 8 cookies, a perfect small batch to enjoy!
Servings: 8 cookies
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoons (70 g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons (43 g) unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup (50g) packed light brown sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cups (58 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
Prep oven and cookie sheets. Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
Combine dry ingredients. Whisk the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
Combine wet ingredients. In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the egg yolk and vanilla extract.
Combine wet and dry ingredients. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be quite soft but thick.
Add chocolate. Fold in the chocolate chips (this part can be tricky but try to get them incorporated as best you can).
Scoop and bake. Roll the dough into balls, about 2 Tablespoons of dough each. The dough may be crumbly at first, but will come together as you roll it in your hands. Bake the cookies for 12-13 minutes until the edges are just set but the middles are still soft. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Storage: Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week
- Freezing: Make and scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Freeze the cookies on the sheet until solid, then store in an air-tight zipper bag or container for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen, just add 1-3 minutes of extra baking time. To freeze baked cookies, cool baked cookies thoroughly, then freeze until solid. Store in an air-tight zipper bag or container for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature or microwave for a few seconds to re-warm.
- Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 111mg | Potassium: 64mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 166IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg