Oreo Frosting Recipe
Homemade buttercream frosting with crushed Oreo cookies folded in, perfect for frosting your cakes and cupcakes with!
Servings: 2.5 cups
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks, 284 g) unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups (284 g) confectioners sugar
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreo cookies about 6-7 cookies
Cream butter. In a bowl of your stand mixer, with paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes to soften.
Add sugar. Add confectioners sugar 1/2 cup at a time, starting the mixer on low and then increase speed to medium until combined. Scrape down bowl as needed.
Add heavy cream, salt, and vanilla. With mixer off, add heavy cream, vanilla, and salt. Start mixer on low and beat to combine.
Mix until light and fluffy. Increase speed to medium high speed for 8 minutes until light and creamy.
Fold in cookies. Stir in cookies with a spatula or with mixer on low until evenly distributed. Use right away or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Storage/Make Ahead: You can also store this frosting in your fridge for up to 5 days in the fridge. When ready to use, allow it to thaw then re-whip until it's light and fluffy again!
- Freeze: For up to 3 months. When ready to use, you want to thaw it overnight in the fridge and then rewhip for best consistency.
- For Cupcakes – This recipe will generously frost 12 cupcakes. I like to pipe a pretty tall amount of frosting on each cupcake. So if you don’t use as much as I do as in the photos, then you might get more frosted (around 24 cupcakes). For help on decorating cupcakes, be sure to check out my The Ultimate Guide To Baking Cupcakes At Home and The Ultimate Guide To Making The Best Buttercream Icing.
For Cake – This frosting will cover a 9 x 13 sheet cake or a 2 layer 8-inch cake.
Calories: 1481kcal | Carbohydrates: 143g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 103g | Saturated Fat: 63g | Trans Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 260mg | Sodium: 167mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 131g | Vitamin A: 3013IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 3mg