Chocolate Covered Oreos
One of my favorite treats to enjoy are chocolate covered Oreos! And they are so easy to make at home, making them a perfect no bake Christmas treat to share with friends and family for the holidays.
Servings: 36 oreos
- 1 package oreo cookies about 36 cookies
- 24 ounces candy melts *see note
- Sprinkles optional
Prepare baking sheet. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
Melt chocolate. Melt chocolate according to package directions. I do this in my microwave in 15-second increments, and stir until smooth. I like to melt two different kinds of chocolate (white and dark chocolate in two separate bowls) but you can use just one type of chocolate. Before dipping, you can also place some parchment under the bowl of chocolate so if any chocolate drips it's quick to clean up.
Dip the Oreos. Using a fork, place one oreo into the bowl of melted chocolate. Flip over the oreo, so it gets completely covered. Lift the oreo out of the chocolate with the fork, and tap on the side of the bowl and shake it gently back and forth letting the excess drip off into the bowl. Set onto the baking sheet.
Decorate. And if adding sprinkles, sprinkle on now before chocolate hardens. Or instead of adding sprinkles, you can drizzle on a second chocolate. Let the first chocolate cool, then drizzle on an alternate chocolate (so if dipping in dark chocolate, then I drizzle on white chocolate, but you can use the same type of chocolate or skip the drizzle). Let the cookies sit until completely dry.
- Storage: These will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Freezing: Freeze for up to 3 months, in a container. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or on your counter at room temperature if you want them thawed much faster.
- Chocolate- I like to use either Wilton Candy melts, or Ghiradelli melting wafers. These melt beautifully and create a shiny finish. There’s no need to temper this chocolate, just melt in your microwave.
- Oreos - You can use any variety of Oreos.
Calories: 43kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Calcium: 1mg | Iron: 1mg