Easy Crockpot Christmas Candy Recipe
Forget turning the oven on for this crockpot Christmas crack candy recipe! Chewy chocolate peanut clusters that are made in your slow cooker, making for an easy Christmas candy to share with family and friends. Made with just 5 ingredients, and it's an easy dump and stir crockpot recipe!
Servings: 80 servings
- 2 pounds peanuts *see note
- 4 ounces German's sweet chocolate
- 12 ounces (2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 pounds white almond bark
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips *optional
Add peanuts. Put the peanuts in the bottom of your slow cooker (mine is a 7-quart).
Add remaining ingredients. Layer in the remaining ingredients on top of the peanuts.
Cook. Set your slow cooker to low, and cook for 1 hour. Do not stir the mixture.
Stir and cook longer. After 1 hour, with a spatula or wooden spoon, stir the mixture. Some of the chocolate won't be melted yet. Cook for another hour, on low, stirring every 15-20 minutes with a wooden spoon until smooth. Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
Assemble. Drop the candy onto the baking sheet into small piles (about 2 tablespoons each, I use my small cookie scoop to make fast work of this!) Top with crushed candy canes, or sprinkles for a festive touch before the chocolate hardens. Allow the candy to cool completely before enjoying. You can place the baking sheets in the refrigerator to help the chocolate harden faster.
- Stovetop: You can mix all the ingredients together in a large, heavy-bottomed pot and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes or so, stirring occasionally until the mixture is all melted together.
- Storage: This will keep for 2 weeks, in a container, at room temperature or you can keep in your fridge for up to 3 weeks. Or you can freeze the crockpot candy for up to 3 months. Let it thaw before enjoying.
- Peanuts - I used a combination of honey roasted peanuts and dry roasted, salted peanuts but you can mix and match. You can use all salted peanuts or half salted, and half unsalted. Go nuts!
- German chocolate - If you can't find German chocolate (which is slightly sweeter than semi-sweet) then replace with semi-sweet chocolate instead.
- Peanut Butter Chips - I wanted a little extra peanut butter flavor so I added in some peanut butter chips, but you can always omit these if you can't find them.
Calories: 184kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg