Zucchini Bread Muffin Recipe
This zucchini bread muffin recipe is super simple to throw together and a wonderful way to use up all that wonderful zucchini produce in the summer! No electric mixer needed, and they are ready in about 30 minutes!
Servings: 14 -16 muffins
- 2 cups (240 g) all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs room temperature room temperature
- ½ cup (120 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cups (200 g) granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) milk
- 2 cup (150 g) shredded zucchini, about 2 small about 2 small
Preheat and prepare pan. Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Line a muffin tin with paper liners, or grease well with non-stick cooking spray or butter If not using liners, be sure to grease the top of the muffin tin as well.
Combine dry ingredients. In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg .
Combine wet ingredients. In a second mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, milk , and vanilla extract.
Combine wet and dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula until just combined. Fold in zucchini.
Bake. Divide batter into prepared muffin cups , filling each about 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the bread to cool completely in the pan for about 10 minutes, then remove from the loaf pan and continue cooling on a wire cooling rack.
- Storage: Once cooled, keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Freezing: Cool completely, then place in a freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
- Oil - I use either vegetable or canola oil, but any neutral-tasting oil will work.
- Milk - You can use any milk for this recipe. I prefer baking with whole milk for maximum richness, but you can always use a lower fat milk, or a non-dairy milk.
- Zucchini - I recommend grating by hand as a food processor can make the zucchini too small and mushy. You do not need to peel or wring out the zucchini.
Sodium: 98mg | Calcium: 57mg | Vitamin C: 3mg | Vitamin A: 85IU | Sugar: 15g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 174mg | Cholesterol: 27mg | Calories: 211kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 9g | Protein: 3g | Carbohydrates: 29g | Iron: 1mg