A versatile go-to easy pumpkin muffin recipe that can be turned into cupcakes or loaded up with chocolate chips. Dress up however you want and enjoy :)
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 2/3 cup (220 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (107 grams) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (227 grams) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray two 12-count muffin pans with non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together until combined. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk the brown sugar and eggs together until combined. Add the pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do NOT overmix the batter.
Spoon the batter evenly into 12 cups, right up to the top is OK and will create nice tall muffins. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
- Storage: You can store these at room temperature, covered for 3-5 days, but any longer and I would freeze them.
- Freezing: You can freeze baked muffins for up to 3 months. Simply thaw at room temperature. I like heat them up again in the microwave but they can be eaten cold of course!
- Pumpkin puree: You need 100% canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling which has added ingredients in it.
- Spices: Omit the cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg and use 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice instead.
- Chocolate chips: Add 3/4 cup (mini or regular) semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter. You will get a couple more muffins out of the batch if you do!
Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 28mg | Sodium: 206mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 3230IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg