Lemon Raspberry Bread
A quick bread made with fresh lemon and raspberries!
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Grated zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cups raspberries fresh
- For the Lemon Glaze
- 1 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
Sift dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
In another bowl, combine grated zest, vanilla extract and sour cream.
In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the mixing bowl well after each addition and mix until blended. Add dry and wet ingredients alternately to butter-sugar-egg mixture until uniformly incorporated- do not overmix. Gently fold in raspberries as not to squash them.
Grease and flour one bundt cake pan (or 2 large loaf pans- or 6-7 mini loaf pans). Pour batter into pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for approximately 50 minutes (be sure to lower the baking time if you are making things smaller). The cake is done when a toothpick or skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before glazing.
For the glaze: Mix all ingredients until smooth. Pour over top of cake and serve. For a thicker glaze use less lemon juice.
- Be sure to measure your flour by spooning and leveling it. This will ensure you don't end up with too much flour and a tough dense bread in the end.
- Make sure your butter has come to room temperature before creaming. Here are 3 quick ways to do that!
- You want room temperature eggs as well. Simply place them in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes before using them.
- Check to make sure your bread is done by inserting a toothpick. A few moist crumbs should cling to the toothpick.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 36.8g | Protein: 2.8g | Fat: 10.6g | Saturated Fat: 6.4g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 149mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 25.5g