Reese's Peanut Butter Cookies
Perfectly soft and chewy peanut butter cookies loaded with Reese's Pieces!
Servings: 24 cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar plus additional sugar to roll cookies in
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 8 tbsp unsalted softened butter (1 stick, 4 ounces)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 cup Reese's pieces
Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy about 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg to the butter mixture and stir to combine. Mix in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Stir in salt, baking soda and flour until well combined. Stir in the chips and candies.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and then roll in sugar. Place on baking sheet and flatten with fork.
Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly. Over-measuring your flour is going to result in a dry, crumbly cookie. Read my full post on how to measure your flour correctly here.
- Use room temperature butter. By softening your butter properly (and here are 3 ways you can do that in a hurry!) will allow the sugar to punch tiny holes into the butter incorporating air into the dough. Cold butter won't allow this to happen. So room temperature, unsalted, and you're good to go.
- Don't forget to take those eggs out early too. You also need a room temperature egg as well. Remember you want your ingredients all playing along well together. So a cold egg and room temperature butter just don't play nice on the playground together. You'll end up with butter that starts to seize up in your bowl. My trick? Put your eggs in a bowl of warm water for 5 to 10 minutes and you're good to go.
- Flatten those cookies a bit. These cookies won't spread much, so you want to help them out a bit and flatten them a bit. I prefer the fork criss cross method, but even a quick flatten with the palm of your hand will do the trick. Have you read my post on why your cookies spread too much? Check it out here!
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 197mg | Potassium: 121mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 127IU | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg