A tender moist lemon pound cake topped with a sweet and tangy lemon cream cheese glaze!
Servings: 16 slices (2 9x5 inch loaf pans)
For the bread
- 2 1/2 cups (300 g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (240 g) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest about 2 lemons
- 1 cup (226 g, 2 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/4 cups (441 g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
For the glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sift or whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
In another bowl, combine the lemon zest, vanilla extract and sour cream.
In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the mixing bowl well after each addition and mix until blended. Add dry and wet ingredients alternately to butter-sugar-egg mixture until uniformly incorporated- do not overmix.
Grease and flour one bundt cake pan (or 2 large 9x5 loaf pans- or 6-7 mini loaf pans). Pour batter into pan. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for approximately 50 minutes (40-45 for loaf pans). The cake is done when a toothpick or skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before glazing.
For the glaze: Mix all ingredients until smooth. Pour over top of cake and serve. For a thicker glaze use less lemon juice.
- Tools: microplane |Bundt pan | loaf pans | Kitchen-aid Stand mixer | metal bowls
- Storage: You can store this bread at room temperature for up to 3 days, wrapped in either plastic wrap or tinfoil. Make sure it's completely cool before you store it. Or you can freeze the bread as well. Wrap the bread up in plastic wrap, then a layer of tinfoil and freeze for up to 3 months! Simply thaw at room temperature.
- Sour Cream: You can swap out the sour cream for a plain full fat greek yogurt. But I do recommend using a full-fat sour cream vs. a lighter sour cream for maximum richness.
- Citrus: Feel free to swap out the lemon for another citrus zest, like orange or lime, or try a combination of all three!
- Mini Loaf Pans: You can bake this in a mini loaf pans, but baking time and yield will vary depending on the size of your pans.
Calories: 419kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 155mg | Potassium: 85mg | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 640IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 1.2mg