Best Blondies Recipe
A brown sugar blondie made with everything but the kitchen sink! Every kind of mix-in you have leftover in your kitchen goes in. Feel free to customize to what you have on hand!
Servings: 16 bars
- 1 3/4 cups (210 g) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon koser salt
- 12 Tablespoons (170 g) unsalted butter melted, slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 cups (320 g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups (340 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
Adjust oven rack to middle position; heat oven to 350° F. Grease with cooking spray or line a 13 by 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl; set aside.
Melt the butter over medium heat and allow to cool slightly. Whisk melted butter and sugar together in medium bowl until combined.
Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
Using rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in the assortment of mix-ins and turn batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with rubber spatula.
Bake until top is shiny, cracked, and light golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes; do not overbake. Cool on wire rack to room temperature. Remove bars from pan by lifting foil overhang and transfer to cutting board. Cut into 12 large or 16 small(ish) bars and serve.
- Make Ahead/Storage: You want these to cool after baking to set up. I like to make these a day ahead of time so they can easily be cut. Just store at room temperature, well covered.
- Freezing: You can also freeze baked blondies for up to 3 months, well wrapped. Thaw at room temperature.
- Do not overbake. They may appear not done at this time, but taking them out during that time, ensures you won’t overbake them!
- Mix-ins: For the mix-ins you can use whatever you like just keep it to 2 cups. Try coconut, chocolate chips, or toasted nuts!
Calories: 133kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 87mg | Potassium: 74mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 32IU | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1mg