Strawberry Raspberry Cobbler
A simple recipe for a cobbler with fresh strawberries and raspberries- that requires no mixer!
- 1/2 pound sliced strawberries
- 1/2 pound fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup (149 g) granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (120 g) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (240 mL) whole milk
- 1/2 cup (78 g) yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick, 113 g) unsalted butter melted
In a medium bowl, stir together strawberries, raspberries, sugar and lemon juice. Let stand until a fruit syrup forms, about 10 minutes.
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
In a large bowl, stir together the flour, milk, cornmeal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the melted butter until well combined. Pour into an ungreased 8x8 square baking pan, smoothing top.
Spoon the fruit mixture over the batter quickly. Make sure to pour the fruit mixture over the batter quickly . If the batter cools too much, the fruit won't sink as well.
Bake until golden brown, 35 to 45 minutes. Cover loosely with foil halfway through baking if the top if getting too brown. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Measure your flour correctly. Measuring your flour is super important. I can't stress this enough in baking. Overmeasuring will always yield less than desirable results. So be sure to spoon the flour into your measuring cup and level it off. Be sure to not pack it down in which can result in too much in the cup. Of course, for best accuracy, I always recommend using a kitchen scale.
- Customize away. I used raspberries and strawberries but you can use any berries really for this cobbler.
- Fresh or frozen. Doesn't matter what you use for those berries. Just don't thaw if you use frozen.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 368mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 550IU | Vitamin C: 33.1mg | Calcium: 130mg | Iron: 1.9mg