Easy Strawberry Mousse
A simple strawberry mousse made with no eggs but gelatin to stabilize and it takes about 20 minutes active time on your part.
- 8 ounces strawberries
- 8 tablespoons powdered sugar divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold heavy cream
Place strawberries and 6 tablespoons powdered sugar into your food processor. Process until smooth (you want a pureed texture). Add lemon juice and cream cheese and process until smooth.
In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over the 3 tablespoons water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Then microwave for 10-15 seconds to dissolve. Set aside to cool slightly. Then add the gelatin mixture to the strawberry mixture.
In your stand mixer, using your whisk attachment, add the heavy cream to your bowl and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Mix on high until stiff peaks form. Fold in the strawberry mixture. The mixture will be quite loose.
Spoon the mixture into your serving dishes (think custard cups, wine glasses, mason jars). Chill for at least 2 hours up to 48 hours. When ready to serve, you can top with whipped cream, chopped strawberries, and/or shaved white chocolate.
- Tools: Food Processor | Stand Mixer |Ramekin Dishes
- Use softened cream cheese so it incorporates into your strawberry mixture easily.
- Use COLD heavy cream so it whips up properly.
- This dessert will take about 2 hours to set up in the fridge. You can make this dessert up to 2 days ahead if you like!
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.8g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 18.4g | Saturated Fat: 11.4g | Fiber: 1.2g | Sugar: 18.6g