Small Batch Pumpkin Cupcakes
An easy pumpkin cupcake (no mixer required!) in small batch form. This recipe makes the perfect shareable amount of 7 cupcakes.
Servings: 7 cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 3/4 cup + 3 TBS (110 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/3 cup (71 g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) oil
- 1/2 cup (113 g) pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together until combined. Make a well in the center.
In a second mixing bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla until smooth. Pour into the center of the dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
Spoon the batter evenly into 7 wells. Bake for 17-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Make Ahead: If unfrosted, I'll store, covered at room temperature for up to 2 days. If frosted, I prefer to store in the fridge.
- Freezing: Yes, cupcakes are great for freezing! I recommend freezing before frosting. Cool thoroughly, then wrap individually in plastic wrap. Place the wrapped cupcakes in a zipper bag for an extra layer of protection from the cold. Then freeze for up to three months. Thaw at room temperature or using the defrost setting on the microwave. Here is a tutorial on How To Store And Freeze Cupcakes.
- Spices: Instead of these spices, you may use 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice instead
- Adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction
Calories: 251kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 110mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 2770IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg