Easy Vanilla Cupcakes
Easy vanilla cupcake recipe made with melted butter so they come together quickly!
Servings: 12 -14 cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cup (180 g) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick, 113 g) unsalted butter melted, slightly cooled
- 1 cup (198 g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) whole milk room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Cupcake Pans
- Wilton 2D Tip
- Cupcake Liners
For the buttercream
- 1 1/4 cups (283 g, 2 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 2 1/2 cups (283 g) confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- pinch table salt
For the cupcakes
Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line two cupcake pans with paper liners. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, add the butter and sugar and whisk to combine. Mix in the eggs and egg white until incorporated. Add the vanilla. .
Alternate the dry ingredients and milk beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir just until incorporated.
Divide the batter between the prepared paper liners, filling each about 3/4 of the way full.
Bake 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the pans 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Replace paper liners and bake remaining batter if desired. Frost cooled cupcakes as desired.
Make Ahead: These cupcakes can be made ahead 2 days in advance, covered, and stored at room temperature. The frosting can also be made 7 days in advance, covered, and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use. If you have leftover cupcakes they also keep well covered tightly in the refrigerator for 3 days. You can also freeze these cupcakes, without filling, for up to 2-3 months. Then just thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then fill and frost as normal!
Be sure to measure your flour correctly by scooping the flour into the measuring cup with a spoon and then level off with a knife.
Make sure your large eggs are room temperature. Place your eggs in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes before using them in your recipe
- Double check that your baking powder is still fresh. Because this recipe uses melted butter there is no creaming step to incorporate air, so you need to make sure the baking powder is fresh so your cupcakes rise properly. To check the freshness, add a teaspoon of baking powder to some hot water. If it bubbles, it's still fresh. If it doesn't throw it out.
- Use an oven thermometer to make sure that your oven is heated correctly.
Calories: 619kcal | Carbohydrates: 72g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 141mg | Sugar: 53g | Vitamin A: 1115IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 0.9mg