Cookie Control Recipe
Classic chocolate chip cookie recipe
Servings: 12 cookies
- ½ cup (1 stick, 113 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (99 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (107 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 large 57 grams room temperature egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups (180 grams) unbleached all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup 170 grams semi-sweet chocolate chips
Prepare your cookie sheets with parchment paper and pre-heat your oven to 350oF/180oC
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In your stand mixer, cream the butter for about 1 minute to get it worked around the bowl. Then add the sugars and cream until light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Add in the room temperature beaten egg and vanilla extract.
Stir in the dry ingredients just until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
Scoop using a 1-inch cookies scoop spaced about 2 inches apart. Bake on the middle rack, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes then transfer to the cooling rack.
Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 166mg | Potassium: 113mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1.7mg