Mint Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
A mint chocolate chip cookie made using a cake mix!
- 1 box cake mix I used white but yellow would work too
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 20-25 drops of green food coloring optional
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). In large bowl, whisk cake mix and baking powder. Add to the bowl, the eggs, oil, peppermint extract, and green food coloring and mix with a spatula or spoon until dough forms. Stir in the chocolate chips.
2 Refrigerate dough 15 to 30 minutes or as needed for easier handling. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 2 inches apart.
3 Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store tightly covered.