M&M Christmas Cookies
These easy M&M Christmas cookies are the perfect cookie recipe to add to your cookie platter this holiday season!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&M chocolate candies
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
Preheat the oven to 350oF/180oC and prepare two cookies sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or you can use your hand mixer) cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy about 2 to 3 minutes. Add in the egg and vanilla. MIx until combined.
Add in the flour mixture and mix just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips, sprinkles. and M&M candies.
Scoop using a small cookie scoop onto a cookie sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until puffy and set. Cool on a cooling rack.
- Be sure to measure your flour accurately. Flour can get packed down so be sure to fluff it up, then scoop the flour into your dry measuring cup and level with a flat edge. For best accuracy, use a kitchen scale. You can read my super nerdy post on how and why to measure your flour accurately here.
- You want a room temperature egg so its easily incorporated and doesn't seize up the softened butter you just creamed. Let the egg sit out for at least 30 minutes before using it. Or use my trick - put the egg in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes before using.
- Use a cookie scoop to ensure that all cookies are the same size. This will ensure they all bake evenly and you get the correct yield.
- For pretty cookies, place 3 M&M's right on top of each cookie dough ball before baking.