Homemade Cake Release
Just three simple ingredients is all you need to make your own cake release. No more cakes sticking!
- 1/2 cup (92 g) vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (60 g) all purpose flour
Combine the shortening and oil in a bowl with a mixer. Then add the flour and mix until smooth and combine.
When ready to use, brush on the cake pan with a pastry brush or a paper towel in a pinch.
- You can easily halve or double this recipe.
- Store in the fridge for up to 6 months.