This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
It’s finally pumpkin spice month..err.. I mean October. But you know. It’s pumpkin season officially right? I figured let’s embrace it and make some easy to make pumpkin muffins for this month’s challenge.
Last month, I love seeing all the oatmeal cookie photos being posted for the August Baking Challenge. And I always love seeing everyone’s twist on the classic oatmeal cookie.
This month we are embracing pumpkin season. It’s officially sweater weather here in the Boston area. I’ve got the fuzzy socks on. I want to sip pumpkin spice lattes all day. And then start my day with these easy pumpkin muffins. These are wonderfully easy to make, lots of warm spices, and pumpkin flavor.
Plus have fun with the recipe! Feel free to add chocolate chips, a streusel, toasted pecans. I’ve even used this recipe and turned them into these Easy Pumpkin Cupcakes. So have fun with it!
Here is how to participate in the challenge:
- Step One: Make This Easy Pumpkin Muffin recipe.
- Make and Comment: Be sure to leave a comment on the actual pumpkin muffin post. (not to this post).
- Share: Take a photo and share it by October 31, 2020 – 12:00 AM EST. You have three options on how to share your photo:
- Share on Instagram. Just be sure to tag me – @bostongirlbakes and use the hashtag #bostongirbakes
- Facebook Community –I have a private Facebook group where we share all of our amazing creations and ask questions! If you’re not already inside, click here to request access. Please note that I approve everyone manually to ensure the community remains a fun and friendly place, so it may take several days for your request to be approved.You can submit to one or the other, or to BOTH for two entries. Woo hoo double entries!
- Email me: email@example.com
This month the prize is going to be a $75 Amazon Gift card!!!!
Every person who submits a photo following those directions will be entered into the random giveaway! No purchase necessary.
And don’t worry about taking that perfect photo. The winner will be selected randomly. Your photos may be put on display to share with my entire audience! I will message the winner via the platform they posted the photo on (Facebook or Instagram). Winner must reply with their address to receive the gift card. If there’s no response within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen. I will purchase the gift card through the Amazon website.
So are you ready? Let’s get baking!
Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 2/3 cup (220 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (107 grams) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (227 grams) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray two 12-count muffin pans with non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the brown sugar and eggs together until combined. Add the pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do NOT overmix the batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly into 14 cups; fill the unused cups one-third full with water to prevent warping. Bake for 17-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- *Instead of these spices, you may use 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice instead.