No Bake Turtle Pie
A no bake turtle pie with an chocolate cookie crust, caramel cheesecake filling, and garnished with pecans, hot fudge, and more caramel!
Servings: 8 servings
For the crust
- 26 Oreo cookies
- 5 Tablespoons (3/4 stick, 3 ounces) unsalted butter melted
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
For the filling
- 16 ounces (2 blocks) cream cheese softened
- 1 1/3 cups (159 g) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) heavy cream cold
- 3/4 cup caramel homemade or store-bought
- garnish: pecans, hot fudge, caramel, and whipped cream
To make the oreo crust: Place cookies in a food processor and pulse until the cookies have become crumbs. You can also turn the cookies into crumbs by placing the cookies into a zip-loc bag and crust them with a rolling pin. Add the melted butter and pinch of salt to the crumbs and pulse to combine. (If making without the food processor, transfer the crumbs to a bowl and stir the sugar and butter in with a fork) Using the bottom of the measuring cup, press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch plate. You can also use a 9-inch square pan or 9-inch springform pan. Chill the crust before filling for 30 minutes.
To make the filling: Cream the cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the caramel. Cream until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whip the cold heavy cream until soft peaks form. Then fold into the caramel filling.
Spread the filling into the prepared Oreo crust and chill about 4 hours. Garnish: top with toasted pecan halves, hot fudge, and caramel, whipped cream!
- Pan Size: I used a 9" deep dish pie plate. If your pie plate isn't as deep then you may need to mound the filling slightly.
- Refrigerate the pie crust before filling at least 30 minutes
- Use softened cream cheese so its easier mixed into the sugar.
- Spray the measuring cup for the caramel with a bit of non-stick spray before measuring. This way it will release much easier!
- Make this pie the night before for an easy dessert to pull together! Do not garnish until right before serving.
Calories: 756kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 53g | Saturated Fat: 29g | Cholesterol: 144mg | Sodium: 470mg | Potassium: 243mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 52g | Vitamin A: 1645IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 126mg | Iron: 4mg