This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
When the leaves turn all those beautiful colors, break out those cupcake pans and piping tips and whip up one of these Fall inspired cupcakes. With warm spices like cinnamon, flavors of pumpkin, apple, maple and more one of these recipes is sure make your Autumn this year.
What is it about Fall? I can’t help but just smile. As soon as the weather cools down a bit, I can be seen grabbing a cozy sweater and jars of spices.
I want to drink a pumpkin spice latte. Eat an apple donut. Go apple picking. And make all things Autumn inspired.
I know I’m not alone. I mean Starbucks has named an entire season “Pumpkin season”. Or at least I think we should give them credit for that phrase. So since I know I’m not the only wrapping up in blankets and snagging those cans of pumpkin puree at the grocery store I thought why not round up some of mine and my favorite bloggers Fall cupcake recipes to inspire you to break out those cupcake pans.
Over 20 Fall Cupcakes To Inspire You…
- Pumpkin spice latte cupcakes (Boston girl bakes) – My favorite Fall drink made into a cupcake! A moist easy to make pumpkin cupcakes gets topped with an espresso buttercream frosting.
2. Caramel apple cupcakes (Boston girl bakes) – These easy spiced cupcakes get fresh apples stirred into the batter before baking. Then I swirl a caramel buttercream frosting on top for a cupcake that no one can resist.
3. Easy pumpkin cupcakes (small batch) – Boston Girl Bakes) – I love a good pumpkin cupcake but sometimes I only need a few. This recipe makes only 7 cupcakes perfect for a dinner party!
4. Chai Latte Cupcakes (How sweet eats) – With all the flavors you love of a chai latte, like cardamom, nutmeg, and cinnamon, these chai cupcakes will not disappoint. Especially when you frost them with a brown butter icing.
5. Butter Pecan Cupcakes (The Cake Blog) -These Butter Pecan Cupcakes are made with a moist vanilla cupcake with plenty of toasted butter pecans! And then topped with a cinnamon frosting for a cupcake that’s ready for fall.
6. Maple Pecan Cupcakes (Spoonful Of Flavor) – Pure maple flavor. Chopped pecans. Yes these need to be added to your Fall menu.
7. Pecan Pie Cupcakes (Spicy Southern Kitchen) – Who says you have to make a pie for Thanksgiving? Not when you have this cupcake version with a pecan pie filling middle and a brown sugar buttercream on top. No one will miss the pie version.
8. Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie Cupcakes – (Half Baked Harvest) – This is a grown up cupcake for sure. Moist chocolate cupcakes thanks to the bourbon in the batter. Then a gooey pecan pie filling. And then a butter pecan frosting? Serve these at the grown up table for sure for Thanksgiving.
9. Apple cupcakes with cinnamon frosting (Brown Eyed Baker) – Fresh apples in a cinnamon cupcakes with even more cinnamon in the frosting? Yes please.
10. Healthy Cinnamon Apple Cupcakes (Amy’s Healthy Baking) – Only 114 calories with no refined sugar. Perhaps THIS is what my Fall needs before the holiday baking and eating begins….
11. Apple Pie Cupcakes (Spend With Pennies) – These soft cinnamon spiced cupcakes have a surprise filling of apples in the middle! Top with whipped cream or icecream for the perfect Fall dessert.
12. Pumpkin Cheesecake Cupcakes – (Life In The Lofthouse) – A cheesecake surprise awaits in the middle of these light and fluffy pumpkin cupcakes. Topped with even more cream cheese frosting!
13. Brown Butter Pumpkin Cupcakes – (My Recipe Confessions) – I can never resist a dessert made with Browned butter. Definitely not one that involves a pumpkin cupcakes!
14. Pumpkin Smores Cupcakes – (Something Swanky) Combining S’mores and Pumpkin is just genius if you ask me. A pumpkin cupcakes gets topped with chocolate and a toasted marshmallow for a Fall cupcake that can’t be beat.
15. Sweet Potato Cupcakes With Maple Marshmallow Frosting – (Overtime Cook) – This puts an amazing twist on one of my favorite Thanksgiving side dishes.
16. Sweet Potato Cupcakes with (gluten free and dairy free) -(A Table Full Of Joy)- Here is a great option for your gluten free and dairy free friends this Fall!
17. Sweet Potato Cupcakes With Maple Brown Sugar Buttercream (A Bajillion Recipes) – Soft pillowy cupcakes made with sweet potato get even better when you swirl this delicious creamy brown sugar buttercream sweetened with maple syrup.
18. Spice Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting (Oh Sweet Basil) – Cupcakes spiced all our favorite Fall flavors like cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. And then topped with a smooth and creamy cinnamon frosting? Sign me up buttercup.
19. Apple Snickerdoodle Cupcakes – (Life Love And Sugar) – Apple cupcakes get layered wtih cinnamon sugar. If you love a snickerdoodle cookie then you will love this mash-up!
20. Apple Crumble Cupcakes (Annie’s Noms)
21. Maple Bacon Cupcakes (Swanky Recipes) – I think my Fall just got a little better, how about you? I mean a maple infused cupcake with a maple frosting garnished in salty crispy bacon? How could that be bad?!
22. Pumpkin Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting (Mom On Timeout) – Let’s combine two amazing flavors into one cupcake shall we? And then why stop there. Frost it with a crazy delicious cream cheese frosting with maple syrup swirled in for even more flavor. Your Autumn will thank you.
Tools To Make These Fall Cupcakes
Listed below are my must have 10 cupcake tools
- Piping Bags: These are an absolute must if you want to pipe the perfect swirl on top of your sugary creation. Two options for bags for you:
- Disposable bags: I always keep on hand at all times 12 inch and 18-inch sized bags. If you get them on Amazon, they come in a 100-count roll for around $7, which is crazy cheap! Trust me, I have shopped around. For most cupcake baking I do I use an 18-inch bag. Another great option for you, are the disposable Wilton decorating bags. For these, I highly recommend getting a coupon and buying a box of these bags at your local crafts store, such as Michael’s.
- Reusable bags: A little more friend to the environment. I also keep a few of these on hand, just in case as well. My favorite ones are from Atecco, but I also have a few from Wilton as well.
2. Pastry Tips– When it comes to pastry tips for cupcakes, LARGE cupcake tips is the key. In order to get that beautiful cupcake swirl you need large pastry tips. I love having an assortment of different kinds so I can make different kinds of swirls depending on my mood. This set is a great starter set by Ateco which I love, love, love and have many of.
3. Icing Bag Ties– I do not use these personally, but if you are starting out these might be quite handy for you. These ties help keep the piping bag shut on you so frosting doesn’t volcano out the back of your bag.
4. Sprinkles– Ok I can’t talk cupcakes without talking sprinkles. And if you’re new to decorating, sprinkles will be your best friend to cover up any faux-pas you might have. My favorite go to sprinkles I use all the time are these, but of course there are always sprinkles in every color and season depending on your mood.
5. Gel Food Coloring– Coloring your frosting can be fun. But it also can make or break your buttercream in the end if you use the wrong stuff. Liquid food coloring adds too much liquid to your buttercream and for certain buttercreams, like swiss meringue can really do some damage. So I only use gel food coloring, so no added liquid is added. My favorite brands are Americolor or Wilton Gel food colorings.
6. Cupcake containers– I love using cupcake containers so my cupcakes stay nice and neat. I will use disposable, but that can expensive over time. So a good cupcake carrying case is key to bring them places and they actually look presentable still. Most don’t hold the cupcakes well and they topple over in the car on me. A cupcake carrier like this one or this one, will ensure that your cupcakes are secure on your travels.
7. Offset Spatulas – I have so many of these to count. But they are fantastic for spreading a layer of frosting on. I do not recommend using butter knifes if you want to frost by hand, those ridges on the knife will not give you that super smooth look like an off-set spatula will.
8. Greaseproof cupcake liners– Now liners aren’t essential in the decorating process I supposse, but I do believe they can make or break what your cupcakes look like in the end. So I included these on the list. I swear by these. Please do not use those ones in the store. And for the record those metal cups aren’t actually meant to be used did you know that? They are just seperators for the actual liners? Fun fact. Moving on 🙂 But yes greaseproof liners will make your cupcakes just look that more professionally. And they come in so many fun colors! Although the classic brown is my go to.
Cupcake Baking 101
Once you have your recipe you want to make, you better know a little cupcake baking 101 to help those cupcakes come out perfectly. Here are a few posts that will help you achieve perfect results every time.
- 15 tips for perfect cupcakes
- 12 Easy Cupcake Decorating Ideas
- 6 reasons why your cupcakes are sinking in the middle
- #1 Must Have Tip For Perfectly Domed Cupcakes
- The Ultimate Guide To Different Types Of Frosting
- The Ultimate Guide To Baking Cupcakes At Home