This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
We are kicking off something new here for Boston Girl Bakes – a monthly baking challenge!!! All the details and rules of how to participate in the challenge and how to win a chance for a prize is detailed below!
I am so excited to announce that the first ever monthly baking challenge here on Boston Girl Bakes. This is something I have been thinking about for a few months. And I figured since November is a big baking season for most, why not start now? So we are kicking off this challenge by making these cranberry orange scones. These scones were inspired by the cookbook demo and signing I attended with Rose Levy Berenbaum, the cookbook author of The Cake Bible.
I figure with the holiday around the corner, this is a must make recipe!
Here is how to participate in the challenge:
- Make these cranberry orange scones. Of course you can go ahead and get creative and make them all yours. Don’t like cranberries? Try another dried fruit such as apricot, cherries, or good ol’ raisins. You could try swapping the orange zest for lemon. Or just keep them as is and make them! You won’t be disappointed. I have tips and step by step photos for you on the post to help you every step of the way.
- Take a photo and share it by November 30, 11:59 EST. You have two options on how to share your photo:
- Share on Instagram. Just be sure to tag me – @bostongirlbakes and use the hashtag #bostongirbakes
- Facebook Community – I have started a brand new private Facebook group just for us! If you’re not already inside, click here to request access. Please note that I approve everyone manually to ensure the community remains a fun and friendly place, so it may take several days for your request to be approved.You can submit to one or the other, or to BOTH for two entries. Woo hoo double entries 🙂
My goal is to try to switch up the prize every month. This month it is the latest copy of Rose Levy Berenbaum’s cookbook, Rose’s Baking Basics signed by Rose herself!!
Every person who submits a photo following those directions will be entered into the random giveaway! No purchase necessary.
And don’t worry about taking that perfect photo. The winner will be selected randomly. Your photos may be put on display to share with my entire audience! I will message the winner via the platform they posted the photo on (Facebook or Instagram). Winner must reply with their address to receive the gift. If there’s no response within 48 hours a new winner will be chosen.
So what do you think?! Are you up for the first ever baking challenge?!
Tips On Making These Cranberry Orange Scones
- Be sure to measure your flour. You want to scoop it with a spoon, and then level it off with a knife. Here is a tutorial on how to do that. For best accuracy, it’s best to use a kitchen scale.
- You want to chill the bowl and beaters for the heavy cream before whipping it. The cold bowl and beaters will help to whip the cream.
- You want to cut the cranberries in half so that each bite has even bits of cranberry running through it.
- Make sure to use cold butter for the scones. You want butter that doesn’t get incorporated into the flour so that it steams in the oven and creates wonderful flakiness.
- Chill that dough. It’s totally worth it. Chilling the dough will solidify the butter even more. This will create a flakier scone in the end.
So are you excited!? I know I am…so what are you waiting for??? Let’s get baking!
Get My Buttercream Cheatsheet!
Join the community to get the tips, tricks, and simple from scratch recipes so you can start baking delicious desserts today. PLUS I will send you my Buttercream Cheatsheet with 13 ways to flavor your buttercream!