This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
These delicious little snacks have the perfect blend of saltiness and sweetness everyone will love. They are even easy and quick to make! With this Rolo pretzel turtle recipe, you will only use 4 ingredients, and in 3 to 5 minutes of baking time, you have satisfying treats.
When I was a kid, I lovde chewing chocolate caramel candies like Rolos. They are sweet, chewy, and satisfying – the trifecta of a candy if you ask me. They were a big favorite in our house growing up too. I think they were a big fan of my mom’s so we were known to always have some laying around. I loved unwrapping each little gold foil surprise and biting into those chewy caramel centers.
I’ve even been known to stuff cookies with a Rolo as well! But this time we making these super easy Rolo pretzel turtles!
Why You’ll Love These Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- Simple Recipe – This is one of the easiest treats I made ever! All you need to do is put a rolo over a pretzel and press a pecan half on top. Bake in the oven and in about 5 minutes you have delicious easy treats!
- 4 Ingredients Only – This great recipe only needs 4 simple ingredients.
- Make Ahead Delicious Treat – You can prepare these pretzel Rolo turtles on the weekend, store them in the fridge, and eat them when you are craving a sweet treat.
- Holiday Gift – The flavor combo of crunchy pecans, sweet chocolate caramel candy, salty pretzel, and sprinkle of sea salt at the top are the perfect neighbor gifts for your next holiday party. Transfer them to a nice jar or airtight container and attach a ribbon and card.
Here are the ingredients you will need for this Rolo pretzel turtle recipe:
- Square Pretzels – I used square pretzels for this recipe. It offers enough space for the Rolo candy to melt without spilling and making a mess. Mini pretzels are too small and leak when the Rolo candy melts. Also, the pretzel squares are just the right bite size for this sweet treat.
- Rolos Candies – You will need enough Rolo candies for this Rolo pretzel turtle recipe. I used 40 pieces of each ingredient, which is about one 11oz bag of Rolos.
- Pecan Halves – I used pecan halves but you can also use pecan chips or coarsely chopped pecans.
- Salt – To balance and bring out the sweetness. I used coarse sea salt.
How To Make Rolo Pretzel Turtles
Before you start making Rolo pretzel turtles, prepare all your ingredients. Make sure all of them are within reach to finish quicker. You can also let kids help with assembling. It can be an enjoyable and memorable activity for your whole family!
1. Preheat Oven
Preheat the oven to 250°F/121°C.
2. Prepare Baking Sheet
Line a cookie sheet or baking sheet with parchment paper. Place pretzels on the parchment paper in rows. Make sure there is enough space between each pretzel.
3. Soften Rolo Candies
Put a piece of Rolo candy at the center of each pretzel. Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes to soften the chocolate caramel candy.
4. Add Pecan Half
Then, lightly press a pecan half on melted Rolos, spreading the melted chocolate on the salty pretzel. Sprinkle coarse sea salt.
5. Cool, And Chill
Allow the Rolo pretzel turtles to cool completely inside the fridge for about 30 minutes or until the Rolos can hold their shape.
Serve Rolo pretzel turtles and enjoy.
- Chocolate – If you don’t have Rolos, you can use other chocolates like Hershey’s Kisses, M and M’s, mini chocolate chips, mint chocolate, white chocolate, or mini Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- Salted Caramel Sauce – Drizzle some homemade caramel sauce on your Rolo pretzel turtles before cooling them in the fridge.
- Caramelized White Chocolate – The caramelized white chocolate sauce pairs well with these delicious snacks. Drizzle the sauce over the pretzel Rolo bites and sprinkle sea salt. Cool in the fridge and enjoy.
- Other Toppings – Top turtle candies with coconut flakes or mini marshmallows.
Rolos are caramel candies coated with chocolate. They are delicious and sweet. You can find them in the candy aisle or near the checkout counter in your grocery stores.
To store turtle candies at room temperature, transfer them to an airtight container or sealed bags. These pretzel Rolo bites can last up to 1 week on your counters. You can also place them inside your fridge.
Yes, you can also freeze pretzel Rolo pecan turtles. Transfer to freezer-safe bags and containers and place in the freezer. Place in the fridge to thaw overnight. Don’t open the container until the turtle candies thaw completely.
Yes, you can use your microwave to melt the Rolos. Just melt small amounts in short increments to avoid burning or over-melting your chocolate caramel candies.
More Recipes To Try
Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- 40 pretzel squares
- 40 Rolos about 1 11 oz bag
- 40 pecan halves
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 250°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lay out the pretzels in even rows.
- Top each pretzel with a Rolo. Place the tray in the oven for 3-5 minutes to soften the chocolate.
- Press a pecan half into each Rolo to help spread the softened chocolate and then sprinkle them with sea salt.
- Allow the turtles to cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate is no longer melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Storage: To store your leftover turtles, transfer them to an airtight container. They can be stored on the counter for up to one week.
- Freezing: Transfer to freezer-safe bags and containers and place in the freezer. Place in the fridge to thaw overnight. Don’t open the container until the turtle candies thaw completely.
- These pecans are also great drizzled with some homemade caramel sauce before they cool in the fridge.
- If you are not a fan of Rolos, you can make this recipe using Hershey Kisses instead.