This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
White chocolate unicorn bark is a fun and colorful treat your whole family will love. This recipe calls for only 4 ingredients and 15 minutes of prep time. Topped with candy melts, M&Ms, and sprinkles, this no-bake unicorn bark will surely be a crowd-pleaser at birthday parties, festivities, and other celebrations.
Whenever there is a birthday party, family gathering, and festivities at home, I always find it hard to think of gift bag ideas. I frequently host parties at home. Because I love to make cakes, brownies, cookies, and other baked goodies.
That’s why thinking of more recipes for new, delicious snacks to give as gift bags is always a challenge.
Why You’ll Love This Unicorn Bark
- Fun And Easy To Make – This white chocolate bark is super simple to prepare. You can even let the kids join and help with decorating!
- Make Ahead Dessert – The unicorn bark needs time to cool down. Prepare it the night before or on your free days and store it in the fridge. Get a piece of unicorn bark whenever you crave sweets.
- No Baking Needed – For this recipe, I only use my microwave to melt my chocolates. And for melting candy melts, just follow the package instructions.
- Perfect For Birthday Parties – Because of the fun and colorful look of these unicorn desserts, they are perfect for special occasions, gatherings, and parties. Pach them in nice-looking plastic or airtight container, wrap them with ribbons, and attach a card.
Here are the ingredients you will need for this unicorn bark recipe:
- White Chocolate Chips – I used high-quality Ghiradelli classic white premium baking chips for this unicorn bark recipe. The premium white chocolate chips make this fun treat more delicious and flavorful.
- Candy Melts – I used pink. blue, and purple candy melts to make it more fun and attractive to children. They are available in Michaels or on Amazon. You can also use other colors, especially if you have a party theme.
- M&Ms – I chose pink, blue, and purple M&Ms. You can find them in the Easter M&M mix.
- Sprinkles – Instead of using rainbow sprinkles, I used Wilton unicorn sprinkles to fit the fun unicorn theme.
How To Make Chocolate Bark
Before you start making your white chocolate bark, it is best to prepare all the ingredients before. Place four bowls with melted chocolate and candy melts near you. Remember, you must move quickly or your melted chocolate and candy melts will cool down and set before you can add the marbled effect.
1. Prepare Baking Sheet
Line a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Melt White Chocolate
Transfer white chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl and melt in the microwave in a 30-second burst until you have a smooth consistency. Stir the chocolate after each interval.
3. Melt Candy Melts
Melt candy melts according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer to separate bowls, one bowl for each color.
Using an offset spatula, spread about 1/4″ thick white chocolate on the prepared baking sheet with parchment paper.
Drop spoonfuls of candy melts around the white chocolate.
With a clean toothpick or wooden skewers, make a swirl around the white chocolate bark to create a marbled pattern.
Sprinkle M&Ms and unicorn sprinkles over your unicorn bark.
If your white chocolate starts to set and harden before you add candy melts, place the rimmed baking sheet inside the oven at 200°F/93°C for 1 to 2 minutes. Don’t place the baking sheet in the oven if you already add toppings or their coating will crack.
5. Chill, Cut, And Serve
Place the unicorn bark in the fridge for at least an hour or until the white chocolate is set. Remove from the fridge, break into pieces, serve, and enjoy.
- Frozen Yogurt Bark – To make this unicorn bark more delicious and healthier, use Greek vanilla yogurt as the base instead of white chocolate. Pour yogurt over the prepared baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Spread using an offset spatula. Add spoonfuls of jams and create a swirl effect using a toothpick or knife. Sprinkle candy pearls, white chocolate chips, sprinkles, white candy melts, and other toppings. Chill and serve yogurt bark.
- Chocolate – Instead of white chocolate, you can use dark or milk chocolate for this unicorn bark recipe.
- Cookies – You can mix in your favorite cookies and snacks in this unicorn chocolate bark recipe.
- Nuts – To add crunch to this super easy chocolate bark, add chopped nuts like pecans, peanuts, almonds, and walnuts.
No, you can’t use food coloring to color chocolate. Food coloring is liquid base and it doesn’t go well with chocolate.
If you don’t want to use candy melts and proceed with coloring white chocolate, use candy coloring instead. It is oil base and works well with chocolate. After melting the white chocolate, add a few drops of candy coloring, and mix well.
This unicorn chocolate bark can last up to one week at room temperature. Transfer leftover unicorn bark into an airtight container. And if you’re worried your white chocolate bark will melt, store it in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
Yes, you can freeze unicorn bark for up to a year. Transfer white chocolate bark to a freezer-safe bag. Place parchment in between each layer. Squeeze out as much excess air as possible and seal the bag. Place in the freezer.
More Recipes To Try
Unicorn Chocolate Bark
- 11 ounce bag of high-quality white chocolate chips
- ½ cup pink candy melts 3 ounces
- ½ cup blue candy melts 3 ounces
- ½ cup purple candy melts 3 ounces
- ⅓ cup pink blue, and purple M&Ms
- 2-4 tablespoons of unicorn-themed sprinkles
- Line a rimmed 9×13 inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring after each interval until completely smooth.
- Melt the candy melts according to the package instructions.
- Spread the white chocolate into a ¼” thick layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drop spoonfuls of the candy melts on to the white chocolate.
- Drag a toothpick or wooden skewer through the candy melts to create a marbled pattern.
- Scatter the M&Ms and sprinkles over the chocolate.
- Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator for at least an hour or until the chocolate is completely set.
- Once the chocolate is set cut or break it into two inch pieces and enjoy.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week.
- Once you have melted the chocolate and candy melts move quickly as you do not want the chocolate to start setting before you have marbled it and added the toppings. If your chocolate does set before you create the marbled effect or add the toppings you can place the baking tray in a 200 degree F oven for 1-2 minutes to soften it again. Do not place the baking sheet in the oven after you have add the M&Ms as their candy coating will crack.
- You can find pink, blue and purple M&Ms in the Easter M&M mix.
This recipe was tested using Ghiradelli classic white premium baking chips, Sweet Tooth Fairy Meltables (from Michaels) in light pink, blue, and lavender, and Wilton unicorn sprinkles.