This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. Please Read Our Disclosure Policy.
Beat the heat with a delicious, dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan sweet treat like this grape sorbet made with only 3 ingredients! Prepare it in 10 minutes.
This red grape sorbet recipe only needs 3 simple ingredients and 5 minutes of active prep time. It is easy to make and doesn’t require much kitchen equipment aside from a food processor or blender. Freeze grapes, puree, add ingredients, and transfer. Place in the freezer and enjoy!
I love baking and making delicious baked goods, snacks, and desserts. But on hot, humid days, I really refrain from using my oven because it makes my house hotter. These days, I prefer to lounge around and keep myself cool or prepare cooling snacks like ice cream, sorbet, and frozen fruit, like this green grape sorbet and no-churn Oreo mint ice cream!
I understand it’s challenging to make tasty snacks on hot, humid days. To make sure you can still serve flavorful desserts and snacks in these times, I made this easy and simple green grape sorbet recipe. The best part about this easy recipe is it only needs 3 ingredients and can be used as a palate cleanser.
Let’s stop talking and make a delicious, cold dessert to beat the summer heat!
- Do you love candy bars? Then you’re going to love this easy no churn Snickers ice cream recipe!
- Peanut butter cup ice cream is the perfect dessert for those peanut butter lovers in your life!
- This easy no churn mint chocolate chip ice cream recipe is full of mint flavor and loaded with chocolate.
Why You’ll Love This Grape Sorbet
- 3 Ingredient Only – In this grape sorbet recipe, I only used 3 simple ingredients. You can find them in most grocery stores and Whole Foods, especially if grapes are in season!
- Easy And Quick To Make – Making grape sorbet is very easy. All you need is to freeze your grapes, blend, and add ingredients. Mix well and freeze. This recipe only requires 5 minutes of prep time.
- Versatile Recipe – This dairy free grape sorbet recipe is very simple and you can replace grapes with other types of in-season fruits.
- Delicious, Cooling Snack – Nothing beats a delicious and cooling snack to beat the hot, humid summer. This tasty and refreshing grape sorbet will do the trick!
- Fast Clean-Up – To make this tasty cooling snack and palate cleanser, I only used a food processor and spoon without an ice cream maker, mixer, or other tools.
These are the ingredients needed for this easy grape sorbet recipe:
- Grapes – I used seedless red grapes, but you can use green grapes or Concord grapes for this grape sorbet recipe but you can also use other grapes like cotton candy grapes, champagne grapes, etc. I prefer using seedless green grapes or red grapes so I don’t need to strain the mixture. I just think the balance of sweetness, tart, and a little bitterness is perfect for sorbets.
- Simple Syrup – To add sweetness to the grape sorbet. I made a simple syrup on the stovetop then used in this grape sorbet recipe. You can also use honey or other types of sweeteners. You can make the simple syrup ahead of time.
- Lemon Juice – To add tartness and freshness to the homemade grape sorbet. You can also add a little lemon zest and lemon juice will make your grape sorbet more refreshing and tart. Don’t add too much or your grape sorbet will be too sour and bitter.
How To Make Grape Sorbet
1.Make Simple Syrup
You can do this step ahead of time
In a stovetop make a simple syrup with granulated sugar and water. You want to use a 1:1 ratio. Let the mixture boil so the granulated sugar dissolves then allow the mixture to cool before using in your grape sorbet recipe.
2. Freeze Grapes
Wash your fresh grapes properly. Remove all the stems. Arrange them on a plate or baking sheet. Spread them and place them in the freezer. Freeze grapes for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. Blend All Ingredients
Place the frozen grapes, simple syrup, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a high speed blender or food processor.
Pulse to crush the grapes into pieces. Mix on high until smooth. You may need to stop the machine and move the mixture around with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Taste and add more lemon juice or simple syrup if needed to adjust to your personal taste preference. If you didn’t use seedless grapes, then you will want to strain the mixture at this point.
3. Serve And Enjoy
Serve your grape sorbet and enjoy.
You can also transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the freezer.
- Other Grapes – I used red grapes for this grape sorbet recipes. But you can use Concord grapes and make a Concord grape sorbet recipe. But you can also use other grapes like cotton candy grapes, green grapes, champagne grapes, muscat grapes, autumn royal, etc. It depends on your preferences. Don’t hesitate to use your preferred grape when making your homemade sorbet. I do recommend using seedless grapes, otherwise you will need to strain the mixture.
- Add Different Fruits – You can use any type of in-season fruit, such as strawberries, blueberries, pineapples, cherries, mangoes, etc., to make a delicious homemade sorbet. Just make sure to freeze your fruits before blending to get that smooth consistency. You can also use frozen mixed fruits.
- Fruit Juice – You can use fruit juice. If you’re squeezing your own juice, strain it first using a fine mesh strainer or food mill without added sugar. Transfer fruit juice to an ice cube tray or a bowl. Freeze juice and pulse using a food processor or blender. Add lemon juice, zest, and honey. You can remove the sweetener if your juice already contains added sugar.
- This recipe will not work if you don’t freeze grapes ahead of time. Frozen grapes are the key to a smooth homemade grape sorbet.
- Don’t skip the lemon juice. Lemon juice adds acid and balance the flavors of your grape sorbet. For more lemon flavor, add the lemon zest.
- For faster freezing, spread clean and deseeded grapes in a single layer.
Sorbet is a tasty and cooling treat made with fruit puree or fruit juice and sugar water. Unlike ice cream, sorbet is traditionally dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan. But it will change depending on the ingredients you add.
Transfer grape sorbet to an airtight container and freeze for up to 2 months. You can also store it in a loaf pan, cover it with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and freeze it.
You can serve grape sorbet as is, straight from the freezer. For a smooth and soft consistency, re-blend the sorbet using a blender or food processor and serve.
More Recipes To Try
- ½ cup simple syrup (1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water)
- 5 cups frozen grapes see note
- 1-2 teaspoon lemon juice to taste
- Make the simple syrup. Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan and heat over medium heat until mixture boils. Boil for 1-2 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Place the frozen grapes, simple syrup, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a high speed blender or food processor.
- Pulse to crush the grapes into pieces. Mix on high until smooth. You may need to stop the machine and move the mixture around with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Taste and add more lemon juice or simple syrup if needed to adjust to your personal taste preference.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container (I prefer a 9×5 loaf pan). Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, allow to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften before scooping.
- Freezing: Freeze grapes in a single layer overnight until completely frozen.
- Grapes: Can use Red or green grapes. Use seedless otherwise you will need to strain the mixture before freezing.
- Simple syrup: Can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator, for up to 1 month.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the freezer for 1 month. For best results, do not store in the freezer door, which can allow for ice crystals to form due to temperature changes.