This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
Easy Cornbread Muffins – These can be whipped up in one bowl in minutes. Skip the grocery store mixes and make your own. Fluffy and perfect when warm out of the oven with a dab of butter melting over them!
Ok I don’t want to brag or anything but when I was a kid I entered my grandmother’s honey corn muffin recipe into the local fair and won a blue ribbon for them. These corn mufins took me all the way to the State Fair.
Ok I don’t know if that’s actually brag worthy or not. Probably not, but these muffins are the closest I could find to those muffins I made back in the day.
A corn muffin in my opinion should be slightly sweet from the honey, have a moist dense crumb. And these have it.
How To Make Easy Cornbread Muffins
Corn muffins really are a simple treat to make yourself at home. They utilize the muffin method of course which is mixing your dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately and then combining the two.
Start by preparing your pans with muffin liners (or grease them well if not using liners) and pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
Then in a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, and baking powder. And set aside.
Pro Tip: Bag this mixture up and use later when it’s convenient! Congrats you just made your own cornmeal mix!
Then make a well into the center of the dry ingredients and add in the wet ingredients. Be sure to mix just until combined. I used to make this in two bowls, but I’ve learned over the years, that it’s so not necessary. One bowl and done!
Divide the batter evenly into your muffin liners and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean about 18 minutes. You will fill these pretty close to the top. But don’t worry that’s supposed to happen!
Then be sure to allow these on a cooling rack!
Tips For Making These Easy Cornbread Muffins
- Be sure to measure your flour correctly by spooning the flour into the cup and leveling off with a straight edge. For a complete tutorial, read this post.
- Use room temperature eggs so everything is incorporated evenly. Place your eggs in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes to do this quickly.
- Spray your measuring spoon with non-stick spray before measuring your honey so it easily releases.
- Do not over mix these! Stir just until combined so you end up with tender muffins not tough dense ones.
Can I Make This Corn Muffin Recipe Gluten Free?
For those gluten avoiders, I used a gluten free flour blend, Bobs Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour 5lb
and you seriously can’t tell the difference. This flour mix is a 1-to-1 swap for your regular flour and you don’t need any weird fancy ingredients either.
And the texture and taste? You would never know they were gluten free unless someone told you.
Oh man these are calling to me from the kitchen right now.
If you like this recipe, let me know and leave me a comment and star rating. Comments seriously make my day.
To Make These Muffins You Will Need:
- Muffin Pan
- Ice-cream Scoop
- Muffin Liners
- Mixing bowls
- Dry Measuring Cup and spoons
- Liquid Measuring Cup
Easy Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 tablespoons mild honey
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with baking cups.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, and baking powder in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Combine oil, butter, and honey; stir in eggs and milk. Stir oil mixture into cornmeal mixture. Divide batter evenly among baking cups.
- Bake until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean, about 18 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.