This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
These easy pumpkin muffins are the perfect Fall breakfast treat!
Here is a basic muffin recipe for you for this Fall season loaded with pumpkin flavor! The best part, this recipe can then be transformed any way you like. Love Nutella? Stuff some in the middle. Chocolate craving? Throw some chocolate chips in the batter. Halloween party to go to?
And they really couldn’t be simpler. No mixer needed. A few minutes. And Boom!
Pumpkin Muffins. So let’s do this thang!
How To Make These Easy Pumpkin Muffins – Step By Step
First start by prepping your pans with muffin liners. And don’t forget to preheat that oven yo!
Then whisk together your dry ingredients in your mixing bowl – properly measured flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
And in a second bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients – eggs, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla extract.
Pro Tip: Use room temperature eggs so everything is incorporated easily. Bring them to room temperature quickly by placing them in a bowl of warm water for 10 minutes.
Now the BIG moment… combining the two! The key is to NOT over mix. It’s one of my 6 secrets to perfect muffins.
A Few Of My Baking Tips For These Pumpkin Muffins
1) This uses cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. If your pantry isn’t stocked with these items, you can always substitute pumpkin pie spice. I know growing up there was always a container of that stuff hidden in the spice cabinet. Keep in mind pumpkin pie spice has the addition of allspice and ginger. You can learn how to make your pumpkin pie spice here.
2) Make sure to use pumpkin PUREE not pumpkin pie FILLING. The difference? Pumpkin pie filling is already pre-sweetened and pre-spiced, pumpkin puree is just pure good old pumpkin. This gives you more control over your recipe.
3) As the recipe states this is a muffin- dress it up however you like with frosting and sprinkles but above all else it’s a still a muffin. So that means we will use the muffin method (good name for it), which means you will add your wet to your dry ingredients and just be sure to NOT overmix. Get all stir crazy and you will without a doubt (I bet you a thousand chocolate chip cookies) a TOUGH muffin. And nobody likes a tough muffin. Yech…
So make this your go-to muffin recipe and play dress up with it however you like.
Craving More Pumpkin Recipes? Check Out These!
If you like this recipe then let me know by leaving me a comment and star rating below!
Easy Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 and 3/4 cups 220 grams all-purpose flour (careful not to overmeasure)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves*
- 1/2 cup 100 grams dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup 227 grams pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup 120 ml vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup 80 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray two 12-count muffin pans with non-stick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the brown sugar and eggs together until combined. Add the pumpkin, oil, milk, and vanilla until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Do NOT overmix the batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly into 14 cups; fill the unused cups one-third full with water to prevent warping. Bake for 17-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- *Instead of these spices, you may use 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice instead.
Get My Buttercream Cheatsheet!
Join the community to get the tips, tricks, and simple from scratch recipes so you can start baking delicious desserts today. PLUS I will send you my Buttercream Cheatsheet with 13 ways to flavor your buttercream!