This post contains affiliate links, to find out more information, please read my disclaimer policy-https://www.bostongirlbakes.com/disclosure-policy/..
Chocolate Irish Cream Pie- only 6 ingredients is needed for this filling! It’s so decadent and delicious! You have to make this pie NOW.
*this post contains affiliate links
Let’s melt some chocolate, and make the perfect graham cracker crust, and cover it in whipped cream. Let’s eat some pie.
No wait, we can do better. Let’s add some Irish cream to that chocolate. Now we’re talking…
This pie is a fun adaptation on this French Silk Pie. I’ve made her pie for a holidays now and it’s like insanely delicious. Then again, everything I’ve ever made of hers is. So I decided to give my own fun twist by adding Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur. I mean I added Bailey’s to cupcakes before with these Mint Oreo Stuffed Bailey’s Cupcakes.
So what could be wrong about adding it to a pie right? Now you don’t have to and just stick to the original recipe but it’s St. Patrick’s Day in a few, so let’s kick it up a notch.
So let’s combine Irish cream and pie and do a happy dance.
How To Make This Irish Cream Pie
There are 3 parts obviously to this pie – the crust, the filling and the topping. So let’s break this down shall we?
Step 1 – How To Make The Graham Cracker Crust
This pie starts with my graham cracker crust. It’s only 3 ingredients and couldn’t be simpler. The original recipe uses a butter crust, but I thought it would be fun to try out a graham cracker crust with it.
You will want to pre-bake the crust for 8 minutes in a pre-heated 350ºF oven since the filling will not be baked. After you bake it, just simply allow it cool on your counter until you are ready with the filling. You could also make the crust a few days ahead of time and simply just wrap in plastic wrap and pop in your fridge until you’re ready.
Another option for you would be to use an oreo chocolate cookie crust.
Step 2: Make The Chocolate Filling
Now onto the filling…
The filling itself couldn’t get easier either. It’s simply butter, sugar, melted unsweetened chocolate, eggs, vanilla, and of course a little Irish cream. Seriously, you guys, 6 ingredients. That’s it.
The filling can all be made in your stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Cream your butter and sugar together first.
When the butter and sugar is nice and fluffy, then you need to add your melted and cooled chocolate. It’s important to use quality chocolate since it’s the star here in this pie. I love Ghirardelli®, it’s quality and always in my grocery store- so it’s a no brainer to use.
Simply melt your chocolate in the microwave for about 45 seconds to a 1 minute on high then give it a stir. It will look like it’s still not melted and hold its shape, but once you stir it you will see it’s beginning to melt.
Pro Tip: It’s important to stir the chocolate before you pop it back in the microwave so as not to burn it.
Now time to add your vanilla and eggs.
This pie is so decadent and rich, and it’s really due to the how you add the eggs. The eggs get added one at a time. And after you add an egg, mix it on medium speed for 5 minutes before adding another egg. This allows the mixture to incorporate lots of air and make it all light and fluffy.
Now time to add the Bailey’s. I added 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons. You can adjust to your own liking, just caution if you add more and watch the consistency. You could start with less and then add a tablespoon at a time until you like the taste.
I liked this amount because I felt the Bailey’s flavor was there but not overpowering. Since this is a no bake pie, it’s an adults only pie! No children allowed 🙂
Do I Need To Add Irish Cream?
Because this is a no bake pie then the alcohol will be present. So if you are planning on serving this to children, then by yes all means you can leave it out.
You can always leave it out and simply enjoy as is.
To Make The Whipped Cream Topping:
Now time to top with some homemade whipped cream and chocolate chips.
For this I made a stabilized whipped cream, <–get step by step directions
Stabilized whipped cream is basically whipped cream with gelatin added to it so it holds up well. AKA you can make this in advance. But you can just make basic homemade whipped cream. And then it’s time to dig in!
Warning: You will want to eat more than one slice.
To Make This Irish Cream Pie You will Need:
- 9-inch pie plate- I have a few different pie plates- I prefer either glass or ceramic.
- Kitchenaid Stand Mixer
- Your Basic Measuring Equipment: Dry measuring cups, measuring spoons, and a liquid measuring cup
- Mixing bowls
Until next time, happy baking!
Chocolate Irish Cream Pie
To Make The Crust
- 9 whole graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
To Make The Pie
To Make The Crust:
- Pre-heat your oven to 350oF/180oC.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Add the graham crackers to a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Pour into a mixing bowl, and add in the melted butter and sugar. Stir until combined.
- Press into the lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake for 8 minutes. Set aside to cool on a cooling rack.
To Make The Pie
- In small microwave safe bowl melt 4 ounces of unsweetened baking chocolate until stirrable (about 45 seconds on high). In my microwave, it took more like a minute. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer beat 1 cup (2 sticks) of regular (salted) butter and 1 ½ cups of white sugar until fluffy (about 1 to 2 minutes). When melted chocolate is cooled, drizzle it over the butter/sugar mixture. Add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Beat the mixture thoroughly until combined (on a Kitchen Aid mixer, you will be using the whisk attachment).
- Turn your mixer to a medium speed and over a period of 15 to 20 minutes add in the four eggs, one at a time, leaving about 5 minutes between each egg addition. Add in the liqueur and mix until combined. Once the pie filling is well mixed, pour it into the baked pie shell, scraping every last speck of it out of the bowl. Smooth out the pie filling and place pie in the refrigerator to chill for at least two hours (preferably longer).
To Make The Whipped Cream
- To the cold water, sprinkle the gelatin over and let bloom for 5 minutes in a small bowl.
- Then in your stand mixer, add your heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until soft peaks on medium speed.
- Microwave the gelatin for about 20-30 seconds until dissolved. Allow to cool then with the mixer running, add in a stream to the heavy cream mixture. Then mix to combine.
- Using a spatula, spread the whipped cream over the chocolate pie. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips if you so choose!
Get My Buttercream Cheatsheet!
Join the community to get the tips, tricks, and simple from scratch recipes so you can start baking delicious desserts today. PLUS I will send you my Buttercream Cheatsheet with 13 ways to flavor your buttercream!